We are offering a wide range of courses from April 2019. The course guide below contains information about the courses including times, dates and venues.
Please feel free to contact us for more information by using the form below or via the Contact DurhamLearn link above.
Alternatively, you you can call us on 03000 266 115 or email on email@example.com
Feel free to download the course guide by clicking the button below:
Maths, English & Language Courses
You will complete an initial assessment to make sure that you are on the right course at the right level. We will assess you throughout the course, to measure your development and make sure the learning is enjoyable and achievable.
- Entry Level Functional Skills Maths
- Level 1 and Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
- Entry Level Functional Skills English
- Level 1 and Level 2 Functional Skills English
- We also offer ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) Courses.
- We offer Community Impreter Courses
Information Technology Courses
We offer short, fun and interactive learning sessions that will support you to improve your employability, communications and confidence. You will be more ready and able to compete effectively in the digital jobs market. On some courses you will learn to search for jobs from the internet, using digital platforms to practice job applications.
If you study on one of our longer programmes, you will gain knowledge across a broad range of IT themes including: IT security, using email, using the Internet, using mobile IT devices, Word Processing, Database, Publishing and Data Management.
Attending our courses will refresh and improve your overall IT skills and can give you a new focus and confidence to realise your potential in the world of work and specifically working in the IT sector.
- Introduction to ICT
- Beginners Photography
- Online Learning Workshop
- Level 1 Award for IT Users
- Level 1 Certificate for IT Users
- Level 2 Award for IT Users
- Level 2 Certificate for IT Users
Ascentis Short Online Courses
Our themed e-learning packages allow you to study at your own pace, at a time that suits you. Qualifications can take as little as nine hours to complete.
You will need access to a computer and the internet. Your final exam will take place in an assessment centre.
- Entry Level 3 Award in Introduction to British Values
- Level 1 Award in Internet Safety for IT Users
- Level 1 Award in Awareness of Social Media and Online Safety
- Level 1 Managing Personal Finances
- Level 1 Understanding Employment, Business and Enterprise
- Level 1 Award in Equality and Diversity
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety
- Level 1 Award in Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Level 1 and Level 2 Award in Healthy Living
- Level 1 and Level 2 Award in Environmental Sustainability
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Health Care and Education
Our courses empower people to lead a healthy, happy and active life as possible. We work with a range of adults and support them to build their own emotional resilience and make an impact on their own mental health, social and physical wellbeing.
We encourage our learners to build on their personal skills and experiences of learning so that they feel able to find employment.
All sessions include structured and non-structured activities, small group tasks and demonstrations; activities are clearly linked to working in the health or education sector. You will develop new ideas and interesting concepts and all content has clear benefit to you with activities clearly linked to job roles and future destinations.
- Routeway in Health and Social Care
- Personal Assistant Induction Training
- Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
FREE* FULLY FUNDED Level 2 Distance Learning Courses
No time off the job – flexible options work around your schedule
For more details or to book a course, please call the Development and Engagement Team on 03000 266115 or email CYPSALSSdistancelearning@durham.gov.uk
*Subject to eligibility
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Setting
- Certificate in the Principles of Care Planning
- Certificate in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Autism
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Equality and Diversity
- Fall Prevention Awareness
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Principles of Working with Individuals and Control of Infection in Healthcare Settings
- Understanding Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Common Health Conditions
- Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Social Care
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Duty Information, Advice and Guidance