We work with local communities, a range of voluntary organisations, employers and public health to deliver the training people need to help change their lives for the better. We ensure that provision is local and accessible, with training delivered in more than 100 venues across the county.
Courses include a broad range of opportunities for personal development, support for health and well-being and the chance to gain skills and qualifications for further education and employment.
We regularly review our courses to be responsive to the needs of learners and develop provision to make sure there are clear progression opportunities for learners into further education, employment or training.
We pride ourselves on providing impartial information, advice and guidance to help support learners make informed choices about their study options and we have a dedicated engagement team to support learners prior to and during their programmes to help support the learner journey.
What we can offer
- Foundation Learning, including English, Maths and English as a second or foreign language (ESOL) classes
- Computing classes
- Health and social care classes
- A range of family and community learning opportunities, including support for those most vulnerable in our county
- A range of courses for enjoyment and leisure designed to re-engage those who have been away from learning for a long time
- Back to work and employability training for young people and adults
- Apprenticeships opportunities within the council
- ‘Digital skills’ courses which enables learners to access information technology for everyday work and life
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications at Level 2 and Level 3
- Distance learning courses in a range of subjects to support those who are more suited to flexible study options
- Support into self-employment, including enterprise qualifications
- Provision for learners with high needs including study programmes, supported internships and Family First information, advice and guidance for parents/carers
- Information, advice and guidance on courses including initial assessments and advice around progression opportunities across a range of programmes
Why choose us?
In 2017 our outcomes for learners were outstanding, 97.7% of our learners finished their courses with us and 97.9% passed their courses.
All of those learners who engaged in short ‘Get into’ courses in 2017 went on to study an accredited award.
Our most recent OFSTED inspection (May 2018) graded us as good with outstanding features.